Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Dirty Little Secret

I have been holding onto my secret for a few weeks now but I actually let the cat out of the bag today. I want to run! I have been on this roller coaster ride with exercise and healthy eating. I think that I am finally fed up and want to/need to commit. I have read and been inspired by so many running blogs that I decided to give it a try myself. This is new territory for me. I am a walker, not a runner. But I came across the Cool Running Couch to 5k running plan again. (I've tried this plan before but I guess I just wasn't ready.) What was really cool is when I found Carli's podcast on runningintoshape.com to help me with my run. What a great help and encouragement!


Here is what my workouts looked like this week:




Tuesday-Day 1 of C25k-My body was screaming ,"What are you doing? I think that she's running. Or something like running." I realized that I was trying to run way to fast for a beginner and once I set my pace with another runner that was out there, (thank you cute guy) , I felt so much better. Still a challenge but doable. I felt great afterward. (I did 30 min. run /walk and 15 walk)

Thursday-Day 2 of C25k-I am not a morning person so I am not sure why I tried to get up at 4:45 to run on the treadmill. My friend was hosting a Tastefully Simple party Thursday night so my bright idea was to run early so that I could make the party. After 10 minutes of fighting with myself, I decided to try to fit it in in the evening and go back to sleep. I did it! I fit it in and it felt good. I was very proud of myself. (30 min. run/ walk)

Saturday-Final Day of Week 1- Today is my final day. My plan was to get up early this morning and go the track but that hasn't happened yet. But I am going. I'll let you know how it goes.


When you first started running, were you embarrassed to let people see you run?

1 comment:

  1. HECK YEAH I WAS EMBARRASSED! For the longest time I ran inside on the treadmill until my mom told me I needed to hit the pavement if I planned on running a 5K. So one day I headed outside with my fly girl shades on and started "running". I eventually got over the embarrassment, but I am still paranoid about my breathing...its too loud.

    ReplyDelete