Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sleeping In My Workout Clothes

I'm not sure why I haven't posted but I haven't. I am still at it! Last night I even slept in my workout clothes to make sure that I had no excuses for getting up and going to the track. I am still running although the progress is really slow. Week 4 of the C25k has been running with me for a while. I can't seem to get past it. Today I started out pretty good. It was nice and cool. A welcomed change. I got through the first 3 minute run and then the next 5 minute run although it was hard. I kept telling my body to just keep moving. There was another runner out on the track today so it helped me not to stop. But the next run cycle was a different story. My shins have been hurting for days and yesterday's workout with Jillian's 30 Day shred and today didn't help them feel any better. I hate excuses so I have been trying to push through it. I know that my body is doing something new so I am going to get sore. Anyway, about a minute into the run, I just quit. I'm not sure why. I don't think it's because my body was too tired, I think that it was my mind. If I feel uncomfortable, my automatic response is to quit. I have got to stop doing that. I did finish up with a few 1 minute run/walks for about 30 or 40 minutes. So I can say that I am proud of what I did. I am determined not to quit. While I was on the track, I made a list of things that I have accomplished:

1. I can run for 5 minutes without I stopping.
2. I have gotten my weight under 200 pounds.
3. I find ways to motivate myself to exercise.
4. I get some kind of exercise in almost everyday.
5. I am eating healthy.


~ Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit. ~ Conrad Hilton

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo...under 200 lbs! Welcome to One-derland! My shins used to hurt but then I got some new running shoes and they don't bother me. Do you think you need new running shoes? Keep on moving! You got this. You just have to get out of your head...easier said then done.

    Your accomplishments are something to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete