Tuesday, June 1, 2010

TOOT! TOOT!

TOOT TOOT! I finished week 2 of C25k. I am excited and scared to move on to week 3. It seems like a big leap but I am ready for the challenge. I finished this week up on the treadmill because of all of the rain this weekend. I HATE THE TREADMILL!!! I try to like it to but I just don't! So I sat down and thought of some real reasons why me and the treadmill just don't get along.

1. I feel trapped. I like being outside with nature.

2. I feel like I don't have control. When I am outside and my body wants to slow down, it does. If I want to speed up, I can do that too. I don't have to wait for the treadmill to adjust. (Mine is ancient. This is probably the real problem. )

3. I am forced to challenge myself. Now I am a comfort zone kind of girl so ... it's hard to step out of my boundaries. But change is about pushing past your boundaries. Right?

I'm not over my hate for the treadmill but I think that I found it's purpose for me.


What did you do this weekend, today, or even this month that you want to toot about?
TOOT your own horn over at Me So Hongry's Blog.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on completing Week 2 of the C25K!That is something to be proud of. Good luck with week 3...you can do it! Are you planning on running a 5K at the end of your training. Knowing that I was scheduled to run 5K kept me somewhat focused on my C25K training. Thanks for stopping my blog and spreading the word. TOOT TOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trina, thanks for the encouragement. I hadn't really planned on running a 5K but the more I run, the more it is something that I want to accomplish. I think that it will keep me motivated. :)

    ReplyDelete